Made Possible by Numerica Credit Union
A $1,000 scholarship will be presented to a graduating high school senior who has been positively impacted by their involvement in theater arts. It is reserved for individuals who have participated in at least one high school or community theater production as a performer or in a technical capacity. The scholarship will be presented live during the Apple Awards Ceremony on June 5, 2019 at the Numerica Performing Arts Center.
- Application deadline: May 15th, 2019
- Selected applicant interviews: May (date TBA)
- Award: June 5, 2019
- Complete scholarship application
- Submit 500 word letter stating your interest in this scholarship
- Letter of recommendation from a theater director or school educator
- Upload the letters and complete the application by the deadline indicated above
- Must be a high school senior during the 2018/2019 school year in on of the following school districts: Cascade, Cashmere, Eastmont, Lake Chelan, or Wenatchee.
- Private school students may also apply if the school resides within the same jurisdictions above.
- Must be committed to attending college or university in the fall of 2019
- Must have participated in one or more theater productions between their freshman and senior years
- Cover letter addressing how being involved in theater has helped you learn, grow or develop as an individual as well as any other information the committee might find valuable during the evaluation process.
- Does not need to be pursuing an education or career in theater arts.
Three applications will be selected for in-person interviews conducted by a panel of volunteer evaluators unrelated to the applicants and will include members of the Numerica Performing Arts Center, Numerica Credit Union, and the theater community. Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the school, prior to the start of the school year.