Bookkeeper Job Posting – Regular Part-Time
Posting Date: September 29th
Closing Date: October 15th
Job Start: November 1st
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the organization, operation, and maintenance of The Numerica Performing Arts Center’s account responsibilities. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible to the Finance Committee.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate must be able to perform the essential duties, with or without accommodation in the following areas:
- Maintain records for A/P, A/R, payroll, rentals, donations, pledges, Festival of Trees, event sponsorships, and memberships.
- Prepare regular financial reports, such as profit and loss statements, balance sheets, budgets, and cash flow forecasts for the Executive Director
- Audit box office receipts and daily sales reports
- Monitor policies and procedures for the payment of expenses and the collection of earned income.
- File monthly and quarterly taxes.
- Complete monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Regularly communicate with the Executive Director and report essential financial/bookkeeping information.
- Regularly communicated with the Festival of Trees director and treasurer regarding FOT financial/bookkeeping information.
- Assist in preparing reports for Board review.
- Maintain and organize a clear, safe, secure working environment. Enforces and adheres to all safety requirements.
- Enthusiastically and professionally participates in the promotion of the theatre events, and attends all staff and other required meetings.
Working Conditions & Salary
The Bookkeeper works in a non-traditional office and theater environment. The position must be performed on-site. Must be able to traverse short distances and ascend/descend stairs regularly. May require flexibility in daily working hours. This is a part-time position working 20 hours per week. The position is paid on an hourly basis of $18-20 per hour, DOE. The position is not eligible for health benefits.
- Experience and demonstrated competency with Quickbooks Accounting software.
- Proficient knowledge of principles of accounting.
- Three years of prior bookkeeping experience is preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred.
Core Competencies – To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Organization Skills – Prioritize the vital tasks and identify those that need to be done first, plan a sequence, prioritizes key action steps. Attention to Details – Work with limited daily supervision, have a keen eye for details, ability to identify errors. Verifies important details, ensures there are no surprises or gaps in the needed information. Oral & Written Communication– Effective communication skills; speak clearly and persuasively in any situation; listen and respond well to questions; and participate in meetings. Write clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information. Integrity and Transparency – Maintain confidentiality of financial information, communicate openly and honestly with the Executive Director, take personal responsibility for the quality and content of the work. Take responsibility for mistakes and errors in the work. Technical Skills – Skill and ability in information technology required to deliver programs and services; shared file systems; Microsoft Office Suite; DonorSnap and Showare or similar software. Analytical skills – Applies logical thinking and accounting principles to solve problems. Able to identify inconsistencies in data and information.